New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Tier II Help Desk Technician. In this role the Help Desk Tech will…
- Provides second tier support to PC users on multiple platforms and operating systems. Actively participates on Call Triage.
- Communicates independently, effectively, clearly and professionally with managers, supervisors, and employees to establish and maintain considerate and cooperative relationships.
- Remotely installs, configures, diagnoses, and corrects problems for computers, workstations, servers, and services, peripheral equipment, network equipment, and associated cabling.
- Develop system documentation.
- Ensure updates related to requests, incidents, and preventative maintenance are documented in our ticket system.
- Notifies supervisor of errors or equipment malfunction, reports damaged computers and peripheral equipment to the manufacturer, verifies repairs. Work with our monitoring platform to proactively reduce customer related issues. Investigates and resolves user’s computer software and hardware problems in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Answers operational questions clearly and succinctly, and resolves problems, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Communicates with software and hardware vendors.
- Attends training; reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to maintain and increase technical knowledge to meet user needs.
The appropriate individual will have the following:
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and support of PCs, servers and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of network technologies & network management.
- 5 or more years’ experience with current versions of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server.
- Antivirus applications.
- Experience with monitoring platforms.
- LAN/WAN installation, support, and configuration.
- Microsoft Certification Preferred.
- College degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.