New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Telecommunications Technician on a long-term consulting to possible full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Telecommunications Technician will:
- Provide technical support with respect to Avaya IP Office and other PBX telecommunications systems for multiple geographic locations, including ordering, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Interface with major communication carriers and telecom vendors to coordinate installations and break/fix issues.
- Modify, repair and conduct preventive maintenance on internal/in-house telecommunications equipment and related systems.
- Assist in the development of new internal telecom programs or modifications of current systems.
- Assist in the design, configuration of voice communication systems, programs systems and administers voice mail to support user requirements.
- Execute system upgrades, maintain appropriate inventory to support the user base, performs system backups on a regular schedule and performs preventative maintenance.
- Provide customer training regarding the telecommunications features and functionality.
- Analyze test data and recommends hardware or software to purchase.
- Troubleshoot and resolve repair issues and follows the proper escalation procedure to minimize downtime.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Client-facing enterprise telecommunications support with direct responsibility for telecom tickets.
- Corporate telecommunication support that includes phone systems and circuits.
- Telecommunications hardware, software and operating systems.
- Telecommunications certificate preferred.
- Working knowledge of Avaya PBX/Key systems required.
- Avaya IP Office and or Toshiba PBX or other PBX systems will be a plus.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.