New Directions Staffing
Strategic Designer – (Visual Design)
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Strategic Designer (Visual Design – Innovation) on a consulting to full-time direct employee basis. In this role, the Strategic Designer will:
- Engage with business units, stakeholders and teams involved with design, research, analytics, strategy and innovation to define and communicate new customer experiences (mobile, web & product) that are grounded in business needs with a deep empathy for the customer.
- Assist in solving complex and multi-faceted business problems and opportunities by engaging experts from a broad range of disciplines both within and outside the scope of a problem to discover the best solution.
- Assist in producing journey maps, prototype screens digital designs and graphically pleasing presentations for business and executive stakeholders of customer and user experiences that may include mobile and desktop applications, web-based products, and new services.
- Deliver human-centered design thinking by digging for critical insights that drive project solutions.
- Define and develop designs and prototypes of new solutions that include mobile screens, clickable prototypes and low fidelity designs.
- Work with a range of creative teams to think conceptually during brainstorming and idea generation.
- Drive rapid ideation at varying levels of design fidelity.
- Consider how a solution will work top-to-bottom and from customer experience through to operations.
- Work with Digital Solutions to define, design, and prototype new digital experiences.
- Bring ideas to life in compelling ways to share with customers and internal stakeholders.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- A broad combination of design that may encompass: Strategic Design, Business Design, Customer Experience, User Experience, Human-Centered or Digital / Mobile Innovation Design.
- Strong hands-on background with developing digital designs utilizing Adobe Cloud: Adobe XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Keynote, Sketch and others.
- Delivery of Journey maps; Service blueprints; Prototypes (from low to high fidelity); experience visualizations, presentations (e.g., communications, illustrations) and defined new ideas.
- Holistic, UX, Graphic and Corporate Presentation design skills that make a wide impact and influence broad-reaching experiences.
- Conveying design ideas via sketches, storyboards, high-fidelity mock-ups, prototypes, or animations.
- An ability to identify existing and emerging consumer needs and define the best possible customer experiences.
- Generating unique solutions for complex customer and business problems drawing upon various forms of research and inputs.
- Embodies the notion that design is a transformative capacity for the business which is critical to the success of the company in today’s rapidly evolving and disruptive marketplace.
- Demonstrates a high degree of curiosity, sense of urgency, embraces new ways of working and aspires to greatness.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Attentive to detail, strong analytical, structured, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, time and process management skills.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology and Digital Talent Solutions Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.