New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a SQL Database Administrator on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the SQL DBA will:
- Perform Database Administration that includes maintenance and support of various versions of SQL Server (SQL 2005 to SQL 2017), MySQL 5.x, Sybase, and other smaller installed databases
- Database software patching and day-to-day management
- Support and refresh test environments to support business support needs
- Manage SQL installations configured on Microsoft Clustering platform
- Configure new backups of databases using native SQL backups, lightspeed and DD boost
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- SQL Database Administration in a large corporate/enterprise environment.
- Managing and supporting a large instance SQL Data warehouses
- SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Clustering for High Availability
- Experience with database replication technologies
- Systems administration practice in a large heterogeneous Windows/UNIX/Linux production environment.
- Extensive knowledge with enterprise class virtualization technologies
- Interview Now In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.