New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Solutions Architect on a long-term consulting basis. In this role, the Solutions Architect will:
- Defines the overall architecture (solution architecture, technical architecture, information architecture) for the projects based on the requirements and in line with architectural standards and roadmaps.
- Provides expertise on end to end solution during project execution.
- Focuses on opportunities to implement requirements to increasingly create reusable designs and shared services across processes and applications.
- Develops solution architecture consistent with the business requirements, Enterprise Architecture vision, strategy, standards and guidelines.
- Provides reusable logical assets in the form of the design patterns (such as user interface templates), integration rules (including how browsers are to interface with software services and databases), and security and use case specifications.
- Deliver Solution Architecture documents for projects.
- Works with additional architectural resources, including Data Architect (Information) Architect, Technology Architect (Infrastructure), and Information Security to provide a complete solution architecture.
Manage all architectural resources for the project and coordinating their work and deliverables.
Assign tasks to other project architects.
- Recommend solutions that meets requirements and escalates gaps between the proposed solution and the business requirements to the project manager.
- Acts as adviser to technical team during project execution. Works with Platform leads to solve cross-platform technical issues.
- Participates in functional design to provide input into cost benefit decisions.
- Evaluates technical design changes that are requested during execution; approves technical design changes if appropriate.
- Assist QA in triaging defects, to help assign appropriately.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Expertise and direction for the development of complex enterprise wide IT solutions that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Working on multiple, complex projects as a project leader and a subject matter expert.
- Data and application integration/middleware tools such as SnapLogic, Informatica, Webmethods, Tibco, SSIS, Mulesoft, MSMQ, IBM MQ etc.
- Knowledge of EAI, SOA, ESB, Web Services, Messaging Services, API Management and other related integration concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of technologies like SOAP, REST, Message Queues.
- Architecting and implementing synchronous, asynchronous, batch, near real-time batch and message based integrations.
- Hybrid (cloud/on premise) integration architecture patterns is highly desirable.
- Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, and FEA is desirable.
- Fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages and technologies such as SQL, C#, .NET, Java, XML, and JSON.
- Database skills and experience manipulating databases and database objects; specifically with Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, AWS RDS.
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting integration/ETL solutions using wide variety of data sources and targets.
- Knowledge of the Canonical Schema pattern and Operational Data Stores (ODS) / Integration Data Hubs.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.