New Directions Staffing
Site Reliability Engineers
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking several Site Reliability Engineers on a full-time direct employee basis. In this role, the Site Reliability Engineers will:
- Create and maintain a scalable, resilient, highly predictive, and cost-effective infrastructure both on premise and in an enterprise migration to Azure.
- Analyze existing processes and recommend effective solutions to improve infrastructure operations.
- Act in the capacity of a subject matter expert for Site Reliability Engineering that includes: directing, reviewing, and approving designs to deploy applications meeting performance, capacity, resiliency, application visibility and security frameworks.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to create business process, workflow, or system efficiencies.
- Create solution designs that increase productivity and profitability through innovation standardization, optimization and automation.
- Collaborate with Application Developers to strengthen the operational viability and maturity of applications as they are designing, writing and testing their code.
- Serve as liaison between internal stakeholders and external vendors by delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Partner with various vendors to prepare project specifications, manage software/hardware renewals, write Statement of Work (SOWs) or other necessary vendor management activities to support work,
- Coordinate business test results for technology recovery exercises.
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure business requirements are developed and testing of business continuity strategies and plans occurs.
- Create meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively.
- Active participant in managing infrastructure operations to support SOC2 or similar Security and/or Operational frameworks.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- A progressive technical background working with information data centers both on premise and in Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Engineering infrastructure solutions for Server OS, Virtualization, Storage, Backup Solutions, Desktop OS, HA/DR, Load Balancing and all aspects of application monitoring.
- CI/CD Automation, working in a DevOps culture.
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- TCP/IP networking and DNS, LDAP, NFS and SMTP, load balancing and high availability architectures.
- RDBMS systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostGres, Oracle and applicable usage such as Data Lakes, Data Warehouse.
- Security concepts with hands on in experience implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated project management.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.