New Directions Staffing
Senior Research Computing Systems Engineer – (Linux – DevOps – Open Stack)
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Senior Research Computing Systems Engineer (Linux – Open Stack) on a full-time direct employee basis. In this role, the Senior Research Computing Systems Engineer will:
- Work with teams of Systems Engineers to build an independent research computing cloud environment from the ground up in a Linux Open Stack Environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain various internal cloud technologies (incl. Openstack & Ceph) to provide researchers with a robust, production quality, platforms and services for computing, storage, and software.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of advanced research computing engineering duties.
- Implement current and develop new research computing solutions to keep up with the pace of complex research problems.
- Work independently to build, monitor, and maintain the integrity and compliance of research computing systems.
- Provide technical expertise to teams and projects alongside of research programs.
- Collaborate with regional and national research computing peers on the fields landscape and best practices.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Systems Administration or DevOps in a Linux and or UNIX environment in a hands-on environment.
- Network administration or management.
- Deploying virtualized technologies that may include: (KVM, VMWare, Openstack, OpenNebula, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Automated configuration management tools that may include: Puppet, Chef, or Ansible. (Any configuration management tool is acceptable).
- Knowledge of storage technologies like Ceph would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Rados Gateway protocols like (file, block, object) would be a plus.
- Working with version control systems such as git.
- Understanding of various authentication and authorization protocols and services.
- Working in cross-functional or dev-ops focused teams.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Information Technology Talent Solutions Firm that provides its clients with consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence; and IT Infrastructure Operations.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.