New Directions Staffing
Senior Office 365 Messaging Engineer
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Senior Office 365 Messaging Engineer on a long-term consulting to full-time direct employee basis. In this role, the Senior Office 365 Messaging Engineer will:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Secure Email Gateway Infrastructure, Office 365 and Azure AD.
- Implement, maintain and support Email Messaging components for the Office 365 system, Secure Email Gateway and associated infrastructure, that includes all related applications, servers and services.
- Maintain a high level of ownership and investment in tasks associated with both new and ongoing O365 based needs.
- Lead efforts in troubleshooting, remediating and optimizing all Office 365-based issues, while also working with engineering requirements and providing strategic recommendations to management.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior-level (Tier 2 or 3) administration and engineering experience in an enterprise IT environment, having performed operational and break/fix activity along with engineering and design.
- Office 365 implementation, management and support.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and/or Online versions.
- Secure Email Gateways and working knowledge of authentication.
- Design and implementation of IT projects and major efforts, to include documentation, communication, and coordination of all components.
- Coordinating and assisting customer support (Tier-1 or Tier-2) personnel with O365 related incidents and tasks.
- Coordination and escalation to Microsoft and Cisco/Proofpoint support and ability to coordinate with first- and third-party software vendors as needed for resolution of business-impacting problems.
- Broad knowledge of other Microsoft systems infrastructure products such as Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Basic scripting and development skills & PowerShell a plus, Power Platform.
- Proficient with modern authentication remediation with inclusion of multiple modern browsers, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, client profile migration, and mailbox migration experience.
- Understanding of legacy authentication scenarios preferred
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: IT Infrastructure & Operations; Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.