New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Network/Systems Engineer. In this role, the Engineer will…
- Take responsibility for deploying, maintaining, and supporting IT systems including servers, switching and routing equipment, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly complex customer network/system problems across a broad range of technologies. (Cisco, VLANs VPNs,etc..)
- Provide technical expertise to the Help Desk and Engineering teams.
- Provide support to the sales team for complex, technical and integrated solutions.
- Assist in training initiatives on existing, new and emerging technologies.
- Supports the sales team with technical assistance answering RFP requirements and customer presentations when required
- Provide project support to internal staff.
- Design and provide written statements of work and executes highly complex Network/System Upgrades and migrations. Also will create and maintain associated diagrams.
- Develop and maintain system documentation.
- Ensure updates related to requests, incidents, and preventative maintenance are documented in our ticket system.
- Benchmark, analyze, & make recommendations for infrastructure improvement.
- Perform regular security audits and remediates gaps.
- Demonstrate senior level knowledge regarding the latest technologies and industry best practices.
- Take responsibility for Priority Calls at all Severity Levels.
- Analyze problems for Root Cause Analysis to determine solutions.
The appropriate candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Microsoft Servers; Exchange in an Active Directory Domain environment.
- SAN & VMware.
- Expertise installing switching/routing equipment.
- Firewall experience.
- Cisco CCNA or MCSA highly preferred.
- Microsoft Hyper-V installation, support, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of wireless standards, installation, and support.
- Knowledge of various technologies, including networking, hardware, software, peripherals, network applications, and security.
- Remote Monitoring and Management Tools.
- Provide project & tech lead on complex network issues and project assignments.
- Office 365/Azure migrations and support including encryption.
- Experience installing, configuring, & administering broad range of technologies.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow up skills.
- Strong customer service & project management skills.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations, and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth have been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.