New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Platform Engineer. In this role, the Platform Engineer will:
- Work closely with our software development team to ensure the developers have the deployment tools needed to ship code with ease.
- Build custom engineering tools, in addition to integrating existing tools.
- Help monitor and secure our AWS infrastructure in an effort to ensure 24/7 availability, as well as helping maintain developer happiness.
- Automate and provision everything with BOSH, Chef, Jenkins
- Assist management of our Cloud Foundry platform
- Assist management of AWS Cloud services (EC2, ELB, S3, etc.)
- Systems and application monitoring and load testing
- Collaborate with software development team
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Learn new technologies and resolve challenges involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Ability to architect, design, develop and implement solutions around a micro-service and monolithic architectures.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and has the skills to help develop and advance the team through mentorship.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, end-users, and team members.
- Experience developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs; with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and deploying distributed systems.
- Comfortable with large projects in source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating system
- Experience with Configuration management (e.g. Chef, Salt, Puppet)
- Experience with System Monitoring (e.g. Promethus, DataDog)
- Experience with System Logging (e.g. ELK, Splunk)
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.