New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Network Systems Administrator / MAC Support. In this role, the Network Systems Administrator will:
- Be hands-on while providing company-wide network service where the network includes voice, data, and video; evaluates and recommends solutions; plans and executes implementation; includes networking hardware and associated software with the objective of providing a robust, secure, and stable network infrastructure; maintains familiarity with standard security, privacy, communications, and telecommunications protocols.
- Act as the primary support for systems management including recommendations for new equipment and installations, planning upgrades and patches to existing equipment, and providing help desk support to users.
- Add, edit, and remove users in a Mac OS Server Open Directory domain and any external SaaS accounts
- Support a network of predominantly Mac OS X and as well as some Windows machines
- Intermediate knowledge of database and resolving database issues.
- Available after hours as part of the emergency IT support team
- Assist with fulfilling the IT dept. queue of support projects for hardware and database development
- Provide scheduled maintenance and recycling/disposal of computer systems, printers, and laptops
- Directs efforts of technicians who are involved in diagnosing and correcting system related failures and performing system management activities; determines logical solutions to complex system administration and application problems
- Escalate issues as necessary
- Provide supporting reports for IT status
- Support VoIP phone system
- Assist with database development
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Managing systems networks, configurations, security and access
- System or Network Administrator background
- Help Desk or customer support experience for creating trouble tickets, assisting and training users, creating training materials and/or documentation, and fulfilling equipment requests
- Solid networking skills and experience adding drop cables and patch panels, rack-mounting equipment, devices, configuring subnets/VLANs, DNS, DHCP, and WiFi
- Working knowledge with configuring firewalls
- Working knowledge with scheduled tasks, cron, or bash scripts
- Working knowledge adding, configuring, users and groups on Directory Server and file permissions on network shares
- VoIP phone systems
- Assisting or planning strategic technology direction
- Strong background supporting and creating documentation and providing training for non-technical staff
- Managing cloud service (Google, Microsoft, AWS)
- Managing external IT services/vendors/consultants
- Database development, FileMaker is a plus
To arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations, and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth have been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.