New Directions Staffing
Network Operations Field Support Technician
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Network Operations Support Technician – (Help Desk) on a long term consulting basis. In this role, the Field Support Technician will:
- Monitor and provide network operations technical assistant to system users and resolve a range computer issues for clients in person.
- Answer user inquiries regarding network connectivity, computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Install software and perform hardware testing at the users desk site.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Assist in the software and network and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
- Set up new users, including network, desktop configuration, email accounts, LDAP accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees locally with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
- Troubleshoot software issues on employees desktops/laptops.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Associate’s Degree in computer related field. equivalent training or certification.
- Monitoring and supporting network operations that include troubleshooting device and computer hardware and software that may include configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- Troubleshooting in Windows 10 and Microsoft off the shelf applications.
- Cloning of machines, trouble shooting and basic understanding of networks, routers and switches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.