New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Network Engineer on a very long term consulting basis. In this role, the Network Engineer will:
- Perform Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier III (under guidance) network corrective actions that includes: Resolving assigned tickets; responding to all security events; and participating in troubleshooting and repair incidents involving network infrastructure.
- Participate in after-hours monitoring coverage, incident escalation, response, and after action review process.
- Perform network management and administration that includes: allocating Distribution and Access Layer resources for IP addresses and netblocks, router ports, wireless networks, switch ports, vlans, Access Control Lists, DNS and DHCP configurations; evaluate bandwidth and performance impacts and recommend capacity upgrades when appropriate.
- Ensure overall network services support, management and maintenance for switches, routers, wired and wireless transmission, load balancers, VPNs, firewalls, IP address space, vLANs, ACLs, QoS, and network-related servers and services such as RADIUS, DNS, and DHCP.
- Perform limited project management that may include: scheduling of all tasks and activities, ordering of equipment and materials, change submission and approval, certification and creating and maintaining documentation for project implementation and operation.
- Provide detailed updates on all activities during weekly project review with Manager of Network Engineering.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Network engineering support at the Tier I – Tier II level. Tier III support is highly desirable.
- Familiarity and some certifications with Cisco Network infrastructure technologies including their Command Line Interfaces (CLI), (Catalyst 6800, 9300, 3850) and wireless (8540 Controllers and associated AP’s), as well as Data Center infrastructure (Nexus 7K/5K/2K/9K).
- Distribution and Access Layer resources for IP addresses and netblocks, router ports, wireless networks, switch ports, vlans and Access Control Lists, and DNS and DHCP configurations.
- Significant hands on background with support for switches, routers, wired and wireless transmission, load balancers, VPNs, firewalls, IP address space, vLANs, ACLs, QoS, and network-related servers and services such as RADIUS, DNS, and DHCP.
- Exposure to management platforms such as PRIME Infrastructure and DNA-C.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a New England based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: IT Infrastructure and Operations; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.