New Directions Staffing
Want to work with a Global Leader in its field? This is your opportunity!
We are currently engaged with a global leader in the health care industry who is seeking a IT Field Support Technician (Help Desk) on a consulting to direct hire basis. In this role, the IT Field Support Technician will:
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting to computer system users in various field locations that includes: hardware, software, account issues and access to internal services.
- Assist users in resolving computer hardware and software issues for end users via phone and in person.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration and email, LDAP and VPN accounts.
- Install software or perform hardware testing at the users’ desk site.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Assist in the software and hardware life cycle management processes including research, packaging, quality assurance, and deployment preparation.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Associate’s Degree in computer related field or equivalent training and experience.
- Support for computer hardware and software that may include configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- Troubleshooting in Windows 10 and Microsoft off the shelf applications.
- Cloning of machines, trouble shooting and basic understanding of networks, routers and switches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
*This role will require travel to facilities throughout Kentucky.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Infrastructure, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.