New Directions Staffing
Instructional Designer / Developer / Trainer
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking an Instructional Designer on a long-term consulting basis. In this role, the Instructional Designer will:
- Work with business subject matter experts, apply principles and practices of instructional design and adult learning theory in the design, creation and delivery of online, blended and instructor-led classroom training courses and documentation.
- Able to drive the instructional design process while managing a positive relationship with the subject matter expert.
- Assist in developing content for learning or knowledge management systems.
- Conduct learning and business needs analysis.
- Draft expected learning outcomes that align with course goals; determine scope and sequence of content; identify impacted or target audiences and relevant pre-requisites for learner success; design/implement course evaluation plans.
- Devise modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of the course.
- Write effective copy, instructional materials, and audio and video scripts to help participants meet learning objectives.
Produce learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, and multimedia.
May develop and deliver train-the-trainer programs, and deliver in-person instruction of complex information to participants.
- May provide training on instructional technologies and tools.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Common web and multimedia authoring tools (such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, and Camtasia) and knowledge of HTML typically required.
- Expertise with commonly used technology platforms and software such as PC, Mac, iPad, Office 365 and popular browsers is expected.
- A variety of eLearning authoring tools, platforms and learning management systems including uploading content to various websites.
- Strong skills in oral and written communication, stand up training delivery and presentation, and project management.
- Masters degree, formal training, or certification in instructional design is desirable.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; Digital Technology; Instructional Design and Learning Management; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.