New Directions Staffing
Information / Cybersecurity Incident Handler
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking an Information Security Incident Handler on a long-term consulting basis. In this role, the Incident Handler will:
- Prevent, detect, and respond to enterprise-wide cybersecurity events.
- Operate monitoring tools and evaluate and investigate reports of account, computer, or system compromise.
- Analyze anomalies in network and computer behavior, and supporting forensic efforts of senior members of the team.
- Conduct and support investigations lead by Information Security, Human Resources and General Counsel.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- A combination of one or more of the following: Incident handling, cyber security incident response team, security operations center (SOC) and or security analysis.
- Managing firewalls (creating, modifying, deleting firewall rules/policies, troubleshooting mainly) Palo Alto Networks is preferred
- Intrusion detection and prevention software (Palo Alto), vulnerability scanning software (especially Rapid7 Nexpose or InsightVM).
- Vulnerability Management that includes one or more of the following: Rapid7 InsightVM, Nexpose, Qualisys and/or Tenable.
- Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems environments.
- Basic programming in one or more of C, PERL, Python (preferred), or PHP, including database and API integrations.
- Python scripting, workflow automation, and tools integrations.
- Digital Forensics (access data FTK preferred, but will consider others) (Ncase, xways, snoothkit)
- Familiarity with compliance requirements (e.g., HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI).
- Exposure to networking technologies and concepts including intrusion detection/prevention, firewalls, vulnerability scanning, and data protection/encryption.
- CISSP, SSCP, SANS GCIH or GCFA, or relevant information security certifications preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that provides its clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while furnishing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates we work with.