New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Help Desk Specialist. In this role, the technician will…
- Provides first-tier support to PC users on multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Actively participates on Call Triage Team.
- Communicates independently, effectively, clearly and professionally with managers, supervisors, and employees to establish and maintain considerate and cooperative relationships.
- Remotely installs, configures, diagnoses, and corrects problems for computers, work stations, servers, and services, peripheral equipment, network equipment, and associated cabling.
- Notifies supervisor of errors or equipment malfunction, reports damaged computers and peripheral equipment to manufacturer, verifies repairs.
- Work with our monitoring platform to proactively reduce customer related issues.
- Investigates and resolves users’ computer software and hardware problems in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Answers operational questions clearly and succinctly, and resolves problems, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Communicates with software and hardware vendors to request service for defective products and to research and resolve user problems.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- 2 years’ experience with the installation, configuration, and support of PCs, servers and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of network technologies, including IP routing, network design, Ethernet, routing protocols, and network management.
- 2 years’ experience with current versions of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server.
- 2 years of VMware experience.
- 2 years’ experience with Antivirus applications.
- Experience with Monitoring platforms.
- LAN/WAN installation, support, and configuration.
- College degree or technical certifications desired.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations, and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth have been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.