New Directions Staffing
Great opportunity in sunny California!!
We have a client who has an immediate need for a chronic dialysis RN in San Jose, CA.
This is a travel assignment. We offer full benefits including free healthcare, housing or subsidy plus many more!
We are also currently offering an $1000 completion bonus to anew RN traveler.
-Observes and records patient’s responses to renal failure and its treatments; performs thorough patient assessments as evidenced by documentation and feedback to the Charge Nurse
– Awareness of the general course of all patients on the shift, as well as the general condition of all patients in the center; draws upon this knowledge to individualize treatments
– Administers ordered medications; understands and teaches principles of safe dosage in ESRD, including the reason for giving medication and possible side effects
– Obtains laboratory specimens as ordered and performs routine tests
– Demonstrates an understanding of the implications of common lab results as they apply to the ESRD patient; confers with experienced Charge Nurse, dietitian and physician about abnormal findings
– Delegates responsibilities appropriately and follows through in seeing that all delegated responsibilities have been carried out in both routine and emergency situations
– Understands legal consequences of nursing actions both immediate and long term
– Promotes patient education and self-management of ESRD by accurately assessing patients’ readiness to learn; plans and implements appropriate teaching method for each patient, evaluates and documents patients’ learning; assists other staff members in developing these skills
– Adheres to the policy “Standards of Conduct” (i.e. dress code, professionalism, etc.)
– Participates in CPR as needed
– Actively participates in the center’s Quality Assurance Improvement program by the use of data to monitor the outcomes of care processes
– Participates in in-service education programs
– Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education
– Helps maintain neat and clean environment
– Integrates best practices with evidence based standards in care interventions
Promotes an environment of safety to minimize the risk of harm to patients
– Performs other duties as assigned
– Graduation from an accredited nursing school or equivalent, BSN preferred
– Three years of Dialysis RN experience – Required
– Current CPR certification
– California State license as a Registered Nurse
– Additional requirement for California, Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana & New Jersey: Three (3) months experience in
the applicable modality (HD, PD or HHD)
New Directions, Inc. has been placing medical professionals for almost two decades across the United States. We work hard to find the right job for you!