New Directions Staffing
We are working with a client who needs to hire a nurse to coordinate in-take of dialysis patients into the program and schedules staff for treatment at patient location.
· Schedules patients and staff for Home Program dialysis care, including treatments, medications and assessments.
· Communicates with Office Team and Manager and stays informed by emails, text messages and participating in required meetings.
· Collects and accounts for weekly timecards and verifies time against schedule to identify discrepancies or potential time issues. Forwards timecards to HR for system verification.
· Assists the Home Dialysis Manager in payroll investigation and review.
· Coordinates completion of treatment data by verification of chart completion per schedule. Ensures all necessary data fields are entered: co-morbidities, demographics, caregiver contact, nephrologist contacts, clinical orders, and laboratory orders.
· Update patient census data such as phone numbers, insurance changes, etc.
· Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, completes intakes of new patients to include: obtaining physician’s orders, reviewing required paperwork such as labs etc., assigning caregiver, communicating with billing/insurance department, warehouse staff, and pharmacy staff
· Prepares new patient welcome and sign up packets
· Prepares charts for new patients
· Confirms receipt of physician’s orders pre-treatment to ensure patient has consented to therapy and appropriate therapy is delivered.
· Assists in coordination of training for new clinical home employees and ensures initial credentialing requirements are met and documented.
· Oversees ongoing staff credential status for company to include skills checklists, certifications or license renewal, education requirement achievement via the LMS system, etc. This includes planning for pending expiring requirements.
· Schedules staff to come in for credential completion or removes staff from schedule if credentials are not up to date.
· Schedules staff for retraining as requested by Manager.
· Provide home dialysis treatments if staffing levels or emergencies arise (see Licensed Practical Nurse Job Description).
· Participates in emergency management disaster preparedness meetings.
· Participates in administrative and staff programs, as required. This includes, but not limited to attending staff meetings, in-services and meetings such as CQI
· Administers medications in the field to home dialysis patients. (If needed)
· Actively supports and promotes appropriate conflict and problem resolution within the Office Team. Participates as a member of a team of individuals dedicated to effective, safe, and efficient patient care.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area
· Knowledgeable and able to implement safe and effective infection control procedures in accordance with the program’s policies and procedures.
· Knowledgeable and able to implement appropriate hospital emergency, fire, and disaster protocols.
· Maintains job related credentials (education, certification, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Completion from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse Program;
· Must possess and maintain a current license in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Maintain CPR certification.
· Must complete the Home Program’s orientation and training program.
· Previous experience scheduling patient and caregivers in a busy clinical setting
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a dialysis setting
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, managers, patients and staff.
MATHMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read and interpret financial statements as they related to facility operations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess and maintain a current license in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Maintain CPR certification. CCHD certification is encouraged.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer skills which encompass Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail, Internet Navigation skills. Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of medical personnel. Ability to effectively relate with physicians, patients, families and community agencies. Ability to perform all routine and specialized nursing techniques delivered in the acute dialysis setting. Demonstrates the appropriate sense of urgency and responsiveness to critical issues.