New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking several DevOps Engineers on a full-time direct employee basis to assist in building a Site Reliability Team and DevOps culture. In this role, the DevOps Engineers will:
- Create and maintain a scalable, resilient, highly predictive, and cost-effective infrastructure both on premise and in an enterprise migration to Azure.
- Analyze existing processes and recommend effective solutions to improve infrastructure operations.
- Assist in directing, reviewing, and approving designs to deploy applications meeting performance, capacity, resiliency, application visibility and security frameworks.
- Create solution designs that increase productivity and profitability through innovation standardization, optimization and automation.
- Collaborate with Application Developers to strengthen the operational viability and maturity of applications as they are designing, writing and testing their code.
- Create meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively.
- Active participant in managing infrastructure operations to support SOC2 or similar Security and/or Operational frameworks.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- A progressive technical background working with infrastructure and information data centers both on premise and in Cloud environments. Microsoft Azure Preferred.
- A progressive background in Infrastructure, Automation and DevOps Systems Engineering.
- Understanding of design review the build and deployment and monitoring of applications that meet performance, capacity, resiliency, application visibility and security frameworks.
- Working in a DevOps culture that includes: CI/CD Automation, Jenkins, Pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes.
- A combination of one or more of the following: Engineering Infrastructure, Automation, Networking or Databases.
- Engineering infrastructure solutions for Server OS that might include: Virtualization, Storage, Backup Solutions, Desktop OS, HA/DR, Load Balancing and all aspects of application monitoring.
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- TCP/IP networking and DNS, LDAP, NFS and SMTP, load balancing and high availability architectures.
- RDBMS systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostGres, Oracle and applicable usage such as Data Lakes, Data Warehouse.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.