New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a DevOps Engineer on a full-time direct employee basis. In this role, the DevOps Engineer will:
- Be responsible for the management, production and ongoing maintenance of web based technologies, cloud infrastructure and system administration.
- Implement and maintain DevOps tools and technologies (source control, continuous integration, deployment automation, and orchestration).
- Integrate infrastructure builds with application deployment processes.
- Analyze, design and evaluate automation scripts and systems.
- Manage security tools and services for authentication, authorization, attack prevention and other security services.
- Takes the lead in coordinating corporate compliance/certification efforts (SOC-1, ISO-27001).
- Implement highly scalable applications.
- Develop the plan for infrastructure/application deployment to successfully execute end-to-end testing of the System Architecture.
- Implement technical improvements to improve efficiency and repeatable SDLC process from Dev to production.
- Define the approach for executing end-to-end automated regression for the initial and subsequent DDI phases of programs.
- Transform the functional work experience between the development and operations teams by breaking down silos and unifying the delivery process.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Broad understanding of DevOps tools and technologies (source control, continuous integration, deployment automation, and orchestration).
- Technologies that include a combination of: Application Server Tuning, Web and API layer security, HTML5, Java, Linux (RHEL), Apache Tomcat, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Network Services (DNS, IP Routing, etc) Load Balancer/Session Management Technologies, Enterprise Server Technologies (VMWare, Storage) and Infrastructure automation tools that include Cloud Technologies.
- Systems strategy, management, administration and production and ongoing maintenance of web based technologies and cloud infrastructure.
- Automating the delivery pipeline from development to production environments, including the use of continuous integration.
- IT solutions based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Building IT solutions that adhere to multiple industry standards, compliance and regulatory requirements, and/or technology standards Project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting).
- Application security principles and mitigation techniques Infrastructure automation tools – including Cloud technologies.
- Working with business and technical users to gather and document technical requirements.
- Delivering in an agile/iterative delivery environment Managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives Technologies.
- Expert understanding of application security principles and mitigation techniques.
- Individual will participate in our on call rotation and other system oriented initiatives.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.