New Directions Staffing
Desktop Support Specialist
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist on a short-term consulting basis. In this role, the Desktop Support Specialist will:
- Assist with upgrading and re-imaging laptops and desktops from Windows 7 to Windows 10 desktop computers.
- Assist in retiring some older machines and setting up new machines in the Windows 10 environment.
- Work with a range of range of technologies and work with multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests.
- Provide desktop support related to Windows 10 that includes answering IT requests via phone email, or in person and explaining solutions in technical and non-technical terms.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Windows 10 upgrades and re-imaging of laptops and desktops.
- Set up of new Windows 10 based laptops and desktops.
- Some exposure to Active Directory for logging.
- Some exposure to O365 for support.
- Desktop / HelpDesk / Service Desk support of Windows 10 migrations and deployment.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.