New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Database Analyst. In this role, the Analyst will:
- Ensure availability and performance of the databases that support the systems
- Ensure availability and configuration of the WebLogic front-ends that support the systems Monitor the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases to ensure optimum performance
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Provide usage trend analysis to management team regarding hardware/software resource management
- Maintain databases to include patching, backup and recovery, new release roll-outs, and upgrades
- Implement and release database changes required for front-end applications
The appropriate individual will have some of the following:
- Power Windows user (familiar with administrative functions, server environment configuration, internet information server, basic networking.)
- Database experience, ideally with Oracle and familiar with writing SQL, running SQL scripts, starting and stopping database, fundamentals of db architecture. Experience with restoring cold-cloned and mirrored databases.
- Knowledge of Tuxedo, especially Tuxedo as it is integrated with an Oracle database.
- Experience with using Windows command prompt and DOS batch scripting.
- Knowledge of Powershell.
- Experience with VMWare or NetApps.
- Basic experience with XML
- WebLogic installing, configuring, maintaining..
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.