New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a unique client who is seeking a Data Scientist to be a foundational member of a Data Science Team that will build predictive analytics capabilities in a biotech environment. In this role, the Data Scientist will:
- Provide expert analytics support for the various data analysis needs of a growing and evolving R&D team
- Support the sourcing, building, curating, and maintaining of core research data assets
- Build automated pipelines for various data preparation and cleaning tasks
- Conduct data driven experiments to identify areas where predictive analytics, or simple logic, can improve efficiency of the R&D pipeline, and then deploy these models into our production environment
- Develop dashboards and presentations to enable the R&D team to capitalize on these insights
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Masters/PhD in relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Computational Science, Statistics); Cheminformatics and machine learning for small molecule discovery desired
- Strong analytics skills analyzing and interpreting biological assay data (e.g. in vitro assays, agricultural testing data, IC 50, etc.)
- Highly proficient with developing repeatable and scalable analysis pipelines using Python in a professional environment;
- A combination of core stack technologies that include: infrastructure tools (e.g. AWS, PostgreSQL, Django, Git, Docker), analysis tools (e.g. Numpy, Pandas, Scikit Learn, RDKit, DeepChem), and visualization tools (e.g. Matplotlib, Plotly, Seaborn).
- Ability to learn and adapt new software tools; experience with computational chemistry software packages are nice, but not required
- Demonstrated success working on cross functional teams (e.g. software engineers + scientific domain experts + data scientists + product managers + UI/UX developers) to deliver business relevant products
- Ability to drive a project from conception through development, testing, and deployment in a fast paced (and still evolving) environment
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is an Information Technology and Digital Talent Solutions Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Business Intelligence, Data Analytics & Data Science; Enterprise Software; Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.