New Directions Staffing
Cyber Security Consultant – (AVP)
We are currently engaged in a national search for a Cyber Security Consultant – (AVP) on a full-time direct employee basis in Los Angeles, CA. In this role, the Cyber Security Consultant will:
- Work with and consult with external clients to build and entrench clients on matters of cyber security.
- Work directly with clients in interpreting risk assessment results and existing compensating controls.
- Present results of the risk assessment to a broad range of clients and validate or assist in developing plans to address specific cyber risks.
- Provide expertise to internal teams as well as external clients on cyber security risk management and mitigation.
- Collaborate with the cyber team in the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of cyber assessment tools, services, and business processes.
- Assist with internal training of client facing persons in communicating and understanding fundamental cyber security practices, risks, and recommended mitigation tactics.
- Act as an internal and external spokesperson for cyber in support of our efforts and initiatives.
- Responsible for staying abreast of industry standards and trends.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior, lead, consulting or SME responsibilities for enterprise Information / Cyber Security that includes one or more of the following: security risk assessments, development of security standards, cyber security risk consulting, and incident management.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to identify IT and Cyber security vulnerabilities, threats, and mitigation strategies.
- Strong knowledge of widely recognized cyber security risk frameworks (NIST, ISO, CIS, etc.) and how to apply them within enterprise organizations.
- Enterprise-level information security programs, including governance, risk assessment, policy/standards, technical controls, oversight and assurance, risk treatment, and security education/awareness.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and networks.
- Industrial control systems familiarity/experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to leverage various trusted sources of information (articles, webinars, internet, etc.) to gain accurate and updated knowledge on cyber security and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with exemplary consultative skills.
- Strong collaboration, decision-making, interpersonal and organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned duties and consistently apply to the role and all initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in information security or a related discipline
- CISSP designation is preferred; other relevant industry certifications may be considered. (GICSP, GISP, CISM, or CCSP a plus
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred but will consider individuals who require relocation.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; IT Infrastructure & Operations, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.