New Directions Staffing
We are currently looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Credentialing Specialist (approximately 30/hrs week-flexible schedule) to ensure that traveling nurses maintain current credentials and licenses to work in their assigned contracts. In this position, the credentialing specialist will…
- Monitor upcoming renewal and start dates and work with healthcare travelers to advise them of the required steps to maintain compliance before the assignment.
- As a Credentials Specialist, you will be providing excellent customer support to our healthcare professionals. You must be willing to learn about the regulations and standards required to comply with contracts.
- This role requires one to be trusted with sensitive information, strong attention to detail, and have excellent communication skills to interact with colleagues and healthcare professionals.
- The goal is to ensure healthcare professionals are appropriately credentialed for their upcoming and ongoing assignments in healthcare facilities.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory and accrediting institutions
- Monitor staff credentials and licenses by performing a thorough and accurate audit
- Advise healthcare staff on credentialing requirements and renewal procedures
- Work closely with the Client Facility, Account Managers, and Recruiting Staff to meet contract deadlines and requirements.
- Assist with audits and JCAHO compliance
- Collect and process timecards for the Accounting department
- When necessary, assist travelers with obtaining housing
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Proven 2-3 years of experience as a Credentials Specialist is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and other databases
- Be an excellent team player and be flexible to perform a variety of tasks.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrating initiative and excellent communication skills with a customer service mindset
- Able to problem-solve issues and concerns with creativity and efficiency
- College degree preferred; Math or Accounting skills desired
- Experience with Quality Assurance; Healthcare or Staffing Firm experience is a plus
To arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth have been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.