New Directions Staffing
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Cisco Administrator. In this role, the admin will…
- Provides administration support for all network infrastructure systems within the enterprise across the various computer platforms.
- Serves as a technical implementer for the deployment and support of network computer infrastructure, as well as insure proper maintenance of management tools, network documentation, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Works with System Administrators, Applications group and other departments to provide a stable and scalable network infrastructure.
- Responsible for technical hardware/software/cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and communications networks, including facilities planning.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, switches, routers, gateways, as well as VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Provide overall support functions involving the short-term operational and long-term strategic planning, installation, monitoring, and overall management of the network infrastructure environment, including LAN, WAN, VLAN. VPN, and Internet access/firewalls.
- Ensure proper levels of fault tolerance and disaster recovery to include overall planning, systematic testing, and all other activities that would ensure the ability to provide a stable, consistent network infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of remote access environment (dial-in, VPN, etc.) by providing strong security services, including intrusion detection, authentication, access control, vulnerability analysis, auditing, and incident handling.
- The primary emphasis is on the technological infrastructure and operational management.
- Responsible for system performance, network/system management, change control, documentation, technology assessment, device and process standardization, and vendor relations.
- Producing network availability and uptime system reports as scheduled or requested.
- Conduct bandwidth capacity planning and trend analysis.
- Develop and produce without assistance presentation-quality User Requirements and documentation.
The appropriate individual will have the following qualifications:
- CCNA highly preferred.
- Network infrastructure support including local and wide-area networks
- Bridging, switching, and routing technologies; theory and practice
- Network management technologies SNMP, RMON, etc. Experience with OSI networking model and its use in network design and troubleshooting
- Remote Access solutions
- TCP/IP (including IPSec, SNMP, DHCP, WINS, and DNS)
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations, and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth have been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.