New Directions Staffing
We are currently engage with a client seeking an Accounting Assistant. In this role the Accounting Assistant will…
- Apply principles of accounting to prepare journal entries, accrual entries, adjusting entries, reclasses, balance sheet reconciliations, vendor statement reconciliation and collections calls.
- Images, indexes and routes invoices for approval and payment.
- Maintains cost trackers to organize data in high volume expense line items.
- Assists expense team with month end accruals for many items like purchasing card, bank card, and Accounts Payable cutoff accruals.
- Reconciles vendor statements and answers collections call.
- Maintains current knowledge of sound accounting procedures and utilizes Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, directors and senior management.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with little direction and great detail for accuracy within tight deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with others, have strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel skills required.
- 3 or more years of experience preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies. Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients’ technology with talented people.