New Directions IT Staffing
Cyber Security Consultant
We are currently engaged in a national search for a Cyber Security Consultant on a full-time direct employee basis in the Metro-Boston area. This is a unique opportunity with a global leader in its’ field. In this role, the Cyber Security Consultant will:
- Work with external clients to build and entrench clients in matters of cyber security.
- Work directly with clients in assessing and understanding their cyber risk and in interpreting risk assessment results and existing compensating controls.
- Present results of the risk assessment to a broad range of clients and validate or assist in developing plans to address specific cyber risks.
- Provide expertise to internal teams as well as external clients on cyber security risk management and mitigation.
- Collaborate with internal cyber teams in the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of cyber assessment tools, services, and business processes.
- Assist with internal training of client facing persons in communicating and understanding fundamental cyber security practices, risks, and recommended mitigation tactics.
- Act as an internal and external spokesperson for cyber in support of our efforts and initiatives.
- Responsible for staying abreast of industry standards and trends.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Information / Cyber Security that includes one or more of the following: security risk assessments, development of security standards, cyber security risk consulting, and incident management.
- Knowledge of and ability to identify IT and Cyber security vulnerabilities, threats, and mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of widely recognized cybersecurity risk frameworks (NIST, ISO, CIS, etc.) and how to apply them within enterprise organizations.
- Corporate / Enterprise-level information security programs, including governance, risk assessment, policy/standards, technical controls, oversight and assurance, risk treatment, and security education/awareness.
- Exposure to industrial, building or manufacturing controls systems is a big plus.
- Knowledge of operating systems and networks a plus.
- Bachelors degree in information security or a related discipline
- CISSP designation is preferred; other relevant industry certifications may be considered. (GICSP, GISP, CISM, or CCSP a plus
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. Local candidates preferred. We are unable to sponsor Visa’s for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology & Digital Talent Solutions Firm that furnishes its’ clients with a range of recruiting and staffing services while providing career coaching and job search guidance to the candidates and consultants we work with.
Are you interested in hearing how we’ve made the hiring and job search process simple? Contact us at: https://www.newdirectionsstaffing.com/contact-us/.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed